FATHERS CELEBRATING DAUGHTERS
Workshop for fathers:
support and connect with your daughter through and beyond puberty
Sometimes it seems like puberty fundamentally changes who kids are as people (*hint… that’s exactly what it does!*) and makes them pretty hard to relate to. You might lose confidence in what your role means now, and how to relate.
Good news! This 2-3 hour workshop, created especially for Dads, is here to help demystify the journey and help you reconnect with and support your daughter through this intense period of her (and your!) life.
This is a really important time in your daughter’s life. Studies have shown that girls who have solid connections with their fathers experience fewer instances of body dissatisfaction, depression, low self-esteem, substance use and unhealthy weight (Dr Meg Meeker, Strong Fathers Strong Daughters). Learning how to communicate, how to support, and what the challenges are in her life right now are a great start.
Topics that are covered in FCD workshops include:
- Understanding and supporting girl’s changes of puberty and menarche
- What is A Celebration Day for Girls, and what is a father’s role at this time?
- Understanding and mitigating the sexualisation of girls by media, advertising and the online world, including pornography
- Supporting self esteem, positive body image and healthy relationships
- How to share your values with your daughter, and listen to hers
- How to share a positive, respectful, loving and connected view of sex
- PMS, menstruation, cramps – helping girls toward menstrual wellbeing
- Great tips for ways to staying connected and relevant to your daughter, and enjoy each other’s company!
This workshop can be run separately, or in addition to, Celebration Day for Girls (a separate workshop for mums and daughters to celebrate the onset of puberty in a positive and empowering way). Pop on over and check it out if interested!
I am a certified facilitator of Fathers Celebrating Daughters through Celebration Day for Girls, an international organisation that provides workshops worldwide.
If you would like me to hold a private Fathers Celebrating Daughters event for you and other dads in your circle, or if you’d like to join the waitlist for the next one, click the link below!
Click here to inquire or book now!
Rebel Starseeds is an inclusive, safe space. This workshop is open to anyone who has assumed the role of a father, whether biologically or otherwise.
Many fathers (particularly of teen girls) assume they have little influence over their daughters – certainly less influence than their daughters’ peers or pop culture – and think their daughters need to figure out life on their own. But your daughter faces a world markedly different from the one you did growing up: it’s less friendly, morally unmoored, and even outright dangerous. …When she’s in your company, your daughter tries harder to excel. When you teach her, she learns more rapidly. When you guide her, she gains confidence. A lot of research has been done on this – and fathers always come out on top. The effects of loving, caring fathers on their daughters’ lives can be measured in girls of all ages.’
Dr Meg Meeker, pediatrician and author